This comprehensive guide explains what makes ancient forests so unique as well as what types exist in Oregon, where they are, who manages them, why so few still survive, and what threats they continue to face. Covering natural history, human history, flora, and fauna, Oregon’s Ancient Forests offers a depth of information that will help you understand these complex ecosystems and their extraordinary value. Devote your next day outdoors to exploring some of these wonders, and get inspired to find out what you can do to protect them!
- Full-color maps and photos
- Trailhead GPS coordinates and driving directions
- Trail distance, elevation gain, difficulty rating, and best season to visit
- Type and protection status of each forest
- At-a-glance guide for easy hike selection
- Details on permits and fees
No posts found