- Profiles of every kind of lighthouse, from the boldly striped 196-foot tower overlooking the notorious Diamond Shoals off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, to the many octagonal and pyramidal beacons built to guide sailors into North American harbors
- Fascinating information about lightships, foghorns, and modest beacons
- Many remarkable engineering techniques used in constructing lighthouses
- Historical examples of our ancestors’ courageous efforts to guide mariners through treacherous seas and storms
- Scores of stunning full-color photographs, and more!
A celebration of one of America’s purest landmarks, The Ultimate Book of Lighthouses is a must-have for any home.