- Marc Shargel's third coffee-table book takes readers on a visual voyage beneath the ocean to discover marine life from the Oregon Border to Point Arena, near Mendocino.
- The book reveals an array of marine life unseen by any but the few hearty divers who visit these rugged shores.
- It carries readers on an exploratory trip from north to south, stopping to look below the surface at the ecological hot spots that dot Northern Californias coastline, where sea life thrives and divers, surfers, boaters, birders, and tidepoolers are treated to a glimpse of nature at its best.
- Created by award-winning marine photographer Marc Shargel, the book is a window onto the diverse ocean life of far Northern California.
- Just offshore from the redwoods-covered mountains that characterize this northernmost quarter of the California coast lies a rainbow of color and a diversity of forms, an array of life so different from what we find on land that it seems like another world.