Fossils Inside Out brings fossils, paleoecology, and the fossil industry to life in a beautiful and easy-to-understand format suitable for young adults and older, scientists and non-scientists. This large format book is packed with information connecting the past, present, and future of life on Earth. It also reaches beyond the basics by covering historical perspectives on fossil collecting, laws that can confuse anyone, new imaging technologies, the art of fossil preparation, and how to spot a fake. Most of the imagery (90 percent) has been selected from the author's personal photographic archive, enhanced by some exceptional artwork from outside sources. Paleontologists, collectors, dealers, museums, and artists worldwide have generously helped to make this book possible.
- Dealers to Dinosaurs: Evolution of the World's Greatest Fossil Show
- Fossils: Messengers From the Past
- Fossils Lost and Found
- Geological Time and Drifting Continents
- Collecting Fossils
- Gallery of Life
- Extinction Events
- Seeing the Unseen: Probing the Past With New Imaging Technologies
- Art of Fossil Preparation and Display.