Updated star maps include all sky events occurring in 2017 and beyond.
Praise for the previous edition:
"A concise introduction to the night sky suitable for the beginning stargazer... The text is clear and easy to read... Recommended."
"An ideal portable reference for backyard astronomers. This atlas combines clear, accurate star maps with reliable and informative text."
-- The Lunar and Planetary Information Bulletin
Night Sky Atlas is a highly practical atlas for sky gazers using binoculars or a small telescope. It combines clear, accurate star maps with reliable and informative text and color photographs of the solar system. The book is designed for practical use, with a lay-flat binding and cover flaps that help when in the field. The large format makes it easy to read the detailed maps and enjoy the beautiful photographs.
The book includes:
- Sturdy plastic-laminated binding suitable for outdoor use
- Sewn binding that allows double-page reading and flaps to use as page-markers
- Constellation maps with yellow stars on a blue background for easy reference
- Black and white relief maps show interesting sections of the Moon's surface.
- Star maps with black stars on a white background, ideal for penciling in observations
- The book's back flap lists the constellations with page numbers for quick access
- The high-quality paper can withstand repeated use of an eraser.
Opposite each map is a photorealistic image that shows how the same portion of sky looks to the naked eye, which allows less-experienced observers to locate and identify objects. The maps can be used for planning observations, navigating from one part of the sky to another, and as a quick reference guide.