The Atlantic Crossing Guide, expanded and refreshed in its 7th edition for a new generation of Atlantic cruisers, is the well-established and definitive reference, relied upon by thousands of cruisers crossing the Atlantic in both directions.
It is packed with information and collective wisdom of cruising sailors from over four decades, this edition includes updated advice on:
- Suitable boats, including considerations of hull integrity
- Equipment and maintenance
- Advances in navigation and communications systems
- Access to weather and routeing information
- The balance of power input and usage
- Planning for hurricane season
- Risk management
- Crew harmony and health
- Atlantic weather systems, including tropical waves and hurricanes
- Common routes and timings across the Atlantic
- Seasonal cruising along bordering coasts and within Atlantic island groups
- Fog and ice in the higher latitudes
- Key landfalls
The comprehensiveness of this new edition will both inspire dreamers and instill confidence in those about to depart.