For centuries the lighthouses of the West Coast have played a key role in the maritime history and lore of the nation. From majestic structures to the smallest treasure, these beacons have guided ships safely for countless years and endeared themselves to lighthouse fans everywhere.
This definitive handbook features beautiful full-color photographs, highly regarded directions and contact information for each light, and complete articles on every existing lighthouse on the West Coast!
This ultimate travel guide features:
- stories of colorful keepers
- true tales of daring rescues at sea
- efforts undertaken for lighthouse preservation
- then-and-now photographs
- dates of establishment
- tower height and accessibility
- fun and surprising side-trips at each light
- and so much more!