For a limited time, receive a free Fodor's Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to drink wine in the Willamette Valley, hike the Columbia River Gorge, or climb (or ski) Mt. Hood, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Oregon are here to help! Fodor’s Oregon guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor’s Oregon includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on “Willamette Valley’s Best Wineries,” “Best Things to do in Portland,” and “Best Roadside Attractions”
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “Wine Tasting in the Willamette Valley,” “Whale Watching in the Pacific Northwest,” and “Oregon’s Best Beaches”
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- COVERS: Portland, Powell’s Bookstore in Portland, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake National Park, Mt. Hood, Oregon Sand Dunes, Willamette Valley Wine Country, Bend, Oregon Caves National Monument, the Oregon Trail, John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, and more.
Planning on visiting Portland or the Pacific Northwest? Check out Fodor’s Inside Portland (brand new guide) or Fodor’s Pacific Northwest.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.