Ordering FAA Charts
Ordering FAA Charts
It can be confusing. This guide is designed to answer some of the most common questions.
The first thing to understand is that these charts update on different cycles. Some update twice a year, some update every 56 days, and a few of them update once a year, once every few years, or when an update becomes necessary. Each chart has two dates associated with it: The date of the "Current Edition" and the date of the "Next Edition".
It will greatly help you to familiarize yourself with the update schedule of the charts you are ordering.
How shipping works on FAA chart orders:
- One Time Next Edition: When ordering an FAA chart and you select "Next Edition", your chart will ship when the next edition becomes available. The "Next Edition" date can be found at the top of each FAA chart product page on our website. Your order for a "Next Edition" chart will typically arrive before the specified next edition date, usually about one week before.
- One Time Current Edition: An order for a "Current Edition" FAA chart ships immediately. The "Current Edition" date can be found at the top of each FAA chart product page on our website.
- Standing Order/Subscription: Ships when the "Next Edition" becomes available. Your chart will typically arrive before the specified next edition date, usually about one week before. If you want to make a standing order, you must contact us by email or phone.
* To make a standing order please contact us
The Donut Hole
- There is a period of approx. 3 weeks before a new edition is released that we refer to as "The Donut Hole". During this period the new editions are being printed and are thus unavailable to ship. In these cases, select Next Edition unless you really need a chart immediately.
VFR Sectional and TAC Charts update according to the DOLE
To determine whether you have the most current edition chart or to find out when the next edition will be effective, see the DOLE (PDF).
Enroute High and Low Charts update on a 56 day schedule
No posts found