The PCT’s #1 Guide for More Than 45 Years
First published in 1973, The Pacific Crest Trail, Vol. 1, California quickly established itself as the book trekkers could not do without. Now thoroughly updated and redesigned, Pacific Crest Trail: Northern California starts in Yosemite National Park’s beautiful backcountry and guides you to the California-Oregon border. It winds past rivers, peaks, forests, meadows, fascinating geological formations, and other natural wonders.
Let PCT gurus Jordan Summers and Jeffrey P. Schaffer share more than four decades of expertise with you. They’ll help you with everything you need to know about this 776.4-mile section of the 2,650-mile trail. You’ll pass through Emigrant, Desolation, and Marble Mountain wildernesses; Shasta-Trinity National Forest; and Lassen Volcanic National Park; and you’ll see Lake Tahoe, Burney Falls, Mount Shasta, and Castle Crags.
In this book, you’ll find
- All-in-one guide by accomplished hikers who have logged over 5,000 trail miles
- Detailed trail descriptions and alternate routes
- Full-color customized maps, drawn to scale with one another
- Need-to-know information for day hikes, weekend backpacks, and an ambitious thru-hike
- Tips for locating the trail, water sources, and resupply access routes
This guidebook will be your truest companion. So now’s the time to get going. The trail awaits!