From ancient times until the present, lighthouses have symbolized safety, homecoming, and the seafaring way of life. Lighthouses of the World provides gorgeous full-color photos showcasing lighthouses from around the world. From the Barnegat Lighthouse on Long Beach Island, to the ancient Kõpu Lighthouse in Estonia (first constructed in 1531), this book traverses continents in order to provide stunning color photography and illustration showing the many different lighthouses that man has constructed over the centuries.
Some of the amazing structures you'll read about include:
- Shark Island Lighthouse in Sydney Harbour
- Kribi Lighthouse near the Gulf of Guinea
- Rubjerg Knude Lighthouse in northern Denmark
- The Tower of Hercules, overlooking the North Atlantic coast of Spain
- St. Anthony's Lighthouse in Cornwall
- Whitefish Point Lighthouse, the oldest active light on Lake Superior
- Jeffrey's Hook Lighthouse, at the edge of the Hudson River
- Many more!
Featuring lighthouses from Africa to Australia, and Europe to North America, they will leave you in awe.