Comprehensive travel guide packed with inspirational photography and fascinating cultural insights, now with free eBook.
From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, this guide to Alaska is all you need to plan your perfect trip, with insider information on must-see, top attractions like Glacier Bay National Park, Chena Hot Springs and Kodiak Island, and gems like the Alaska Railroad (used by locals to reach remote cabins), the sight of bears feeding on spawning salmon at Brooks River and Camp, and the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, home to polar bears and the greatest biodiversity of any protected area in the Arctic.
Features of this travel guide to Alaska:
- Inspirational colour photography: discover the best destinations, sights and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights: immerse yourself in Alaska's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Practical full-colour maps: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Editor's Choice: uncover the best of Alaska with our pick of the region's top destinations
- Key tips and essential information: packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free app and eBook to access this and bonus content from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Southeast Panhandle. Southeast Alaska: Ketchikan, Wrangell, Petersburg, Sitka, Juneau, Haines, Skagway, Southcentral and Interior Alaska, Downtown Anchorage, Around Anchorage, Kenai Peninsula, Matanuska-Susitna Valley and Palmer, Denali National Park and Preserve, Fairbanks, The Far North, Southwest Alaska and Kodiak
Looking for a specific guide to the US's western national parks? Check out US National Parks West for a detailed and entertaining look at all the city has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.