Discovering Seattle’s Parks is based on Westerlind’s blog, but for this new guidebook she has revisited and further researched every single park she describes, and now includes even more detailed information and descriptions.
Organized by neighborhood, such as Downtown, Queen Anne, or Northeast Seattle, the guide features full-color photos throughout and simple, illustrated maps for the largest parks with more complex trail systems. Each park’s listing includes:
• Icons for key features―playgrounds, viewpoints, waterfront spots, hidden parks, and dog parks
• Public transportation and parking directions
• Details on the park’s history
• Highlights such as public art, water features, cycling paths, and more
• Color photographs that capture the park’s essence
Discovering Seattle’s Parks will keep families, walkers, dog-lovers, and kids of all ages busy with year-round exploration and fun!