Gardeners or conservationists who lack the time to read through lengthy design books and plant lists or can't afford a landscape designer will find Real Gardens Grow Natives accessible yet comprehensive as it provides the inspiration and clear instruction needed to create and sustain aesthetically-pleasing, functional, and undemanding gardens.
With expert knowledge from professional landscape designer Eileen Stark, Real Gardens Grow Natives includes:
* Detailed profiles of 100 select native plants for the Pacific Northwest west of the Cascades, plus related species, helping make plant choice and placement straightforward
* Methods to enhance or restore habitat and increase biodiversity
* Landscape design guidance for various-sized yards, including sample plans
* Ways to integrate natives and edibles into existing gardens
* Specific planting procedures and secrets to healthy soil
* Advice for easy maintenance using organic methods