How shipping works on FAA charts:
- One Time Next Edition: Ships when the next edition becomes available. Always arrives before the edition date, usually about one week before.
- One Time Current Edition: Ships immediately
- Standing Order/Subscription: Ships when the next edition becomes available. Always arrives before the edition date, usually about one week before. If you want to make standing order, you must contact us by email or phone.
- There is a period of approx. 3 weeks before a new edition is released that we refer to as "The Donut Hole". During this period the new editions are being printed and are thus unavailable to ship. In these cases, select Next Edition unless you really need a chart immediately.
VFR Sectional and TAC Charts update according to the DOLE
To determine whether you have the most current edition chart or to find out when the next edition will be effective, see the DOLE (PDF).
- Special Flight Rules Area (SFAR) which apply to all aircraft operations below 14,500 feet MSL
- Five Flight Free Zones where all aircraft operations are prohibited below 14,500 feet MSL
- Corridors between Flight Free Zones where operations below 14,500 feetMSL are permitted
- Special air-to-air communication frequencies and altimeter procedures
- Numerous VFR checkpoints for ease of location identification
The backside, for use only by commercial air tour operators operating under specific authorization of the FAA, depicts color-coded, fixed-wing and rotary-wing routes and altitudes updated as requested by the FAA, 45 x 20 inches folded to 5 x 10 inches. This chart is updated as required.