Rockhounding Alaska is a must-have book for collecting rocks, minerals, and fossils in the Last Frontier. This guidebook features an overview of the state’s geologic history as well as a site-by-site guide to seventy-five collecting locations that stretch from Kodiak Island to the Arctic Circle, with treasures ranging from ancient fossilized sea creatures to precious gems and gold nuggets.
A complete and accurate guidebook to the state’s vast riches, Rockhounding Alaska is the ideal resource for rockhounds of all ages and experience levels.
Look inside to find:
• Maps and detailed site descriptions with directions and GPS coordinates
• Suggested tools and techniques
• Land-use regulations and legal restrictions
• Contact information for land managers
• Additional information on rock shops, attractions, and local history