Discovering Black Bears is a nature activity book that explores the natural history of the American black bear, its behavior and habitat. It also covers bear-human conflicts and how problems can be resolved. This engaging book, aimed at children of all ages, introduces the reader to real-life bear biologists, who have new insights into bear behavior. Discovering Black Bears has full color illustrations, a sheet of black bear stickers, and contains 20 activities designed to challenge children’s minds.
• Explore the black bear’s world
• Meet real bear researchers
• Investigate dens
• What’s for dinner? Mostly veggies!
• Become a scat detective
• Survive three years as a bear — if you can
This book is an excellent resource for Project Wild
Discovering Black Bears has won the followingawards:
• Mom's Choice Award
• Foreword Magazine Finalist - Book of the Year in both Nature and Hobbies