The PCT’s #1 Guide for More Than 45 Years
First published in 1974, The Pacific Crest Trail, Vol. 2, Oregon & Washington quickly established itself as the book trekkers could not do without. Now thoroughly updated and redesigned, Pacific Crest Trail: Oregon & Washington starts at the California-Oregon border and guides you to the edge of Canada. It winds past rivers, peaks, forests, meadows, fascinating geological formations, and other natural wonders―such as Mount Hood, Mount Rainier, and Glacier Peak.
Let PCT gurus Jordan Summers, Jeffrey P. Schaffer, and Andy Selters share more than four decades of expertise with you. They’ll help you with everything you need to know about this 1,005.5-mile section of the 2,650-mile trail, which traverses 24 national forests, 37 wilderness areas, and 7 national parks.
In this book, you’ll find
- All-in-one guide by accomplished hikers who have logged over 5,000 trail miles
- Detailed trail descriptions and alternate routes
- Full-color customized maps, drawn to scale with one another
- Need-to-know information for day hikes, weekend backpacks, and an ambitious thru-hike
- Tips for locating the trail, water sources, and resupply access routes
This guidebook will be your truest companion. So now’s the time to get going. The trail awaits!